Starting in October 2018, a Feldenkrais course with weekly Awareness Through Movement classes will be delivered in English, bringing the experience of the method to English speakers as well as to Italians who aim to improve or keep up with their English.
THE FELDENKRAIS METHOD® of somatic education.
By heightening the awareness of movement, breathing and posture, Feldenkrais brings us closer to realising our full human potential, learning how to move freely, with greater ease, flexibility and grace. The Method can permanently improve posture, balance and coordination, awakening the innate capacity for life-long vitality and continuing self-development.
Suitable for all. It is indicated for people of all ages, eliminating dysfunctional habitual movements, achieving more freedom in daily activities such as walking, sitting and bending, as well as dancing, playing an instrument and the practice of sports.
Particularly apt for specific problems. It is indicated in neurological and orthopedic conditions, muscle pain and tension, postural problems and scoliosis, post-surgery and trauma recovery.
Preventive and anti-stress. The Method enhances the innate and ever evolving learning capacities of the nervous system improving the organization of movement. Such learning prevents pain and accidents as most of the times these happen due to lack of a well-organized and integrated system of functioning. Great satisfaction ensues!
Tailor-made to one’s needs. Each lesson is as unique as we are. The experience and sensitivity of the Feldenkrais teacher addresses the participants’ needs and accordingly directs the sequences of movements as required. At the end of the lesson people feel lighter, more grounded, flexible, and dynamic, more present to themself, acquiring a feeling of wholeness. These physical sensations facilitate a sense of wellbeing affecting how one thinks and feels.
EFFECTS OF THE METHOD INCLUDES:
- Improved posture and breathing
- More flexibility and better coordination
- Increased energy, vitality, and ease
- Efficiency of movement, eliminating unnecessary efforts and pain
- Increased emotional and psychological wellbeing
- Improved outcome in physical activity and sports
- Increased self-confidence
- Relief of pain and discomfort
- Improved recovery after surgery and traumas
- Improved balance and stability
- Better sleep
Classes: Thursday 18:00-19:00
Where: Istituto di Formazione Feldenkrais, Corso di Porta Nuova 32, Milano.
Two packages are on offer:
– a yearly enrollment starting from October 1st 2018 to June 21th 2019
– a three months’ subscription covering 10 lessons.
For further information please contact us.